Tuesday 12 February 2013

Meet the technical genius - evilnat


Meet our blog builder, tumblr-fixer and general technical saviour...



evilnat

Where can we find you?
I'm on FFnet as evilnat and I have facebook, tumblr, and twitter... but my blog is: http://evilnatfanfiction.blogspot.com

What might people recognize you for?
I write, but I'm probably better known for my banners.  I'm also an admin over at The Lemonade Stand, so its possible you could have seen me around there, (I'm often the person who lets you know you've been nominated for Fic of the Week).

Why did you want to be involved with the contest?
Who doesnt like a HEA? I think 99% of what I read has a HEA and I'm always eager to read new, high-quality work.  I think sometimes you get what you give, and by chipping in I'm doing my part in keeping the fandom going so that we can not only get some new fics to read, but hopefully it might even encourage some new writers to give it a go (and then I can rec them over in TLS!)

Your favourite HEA FF and why.
Thats really hard.  I enjoy the stories where they've had to really work for their HEA, but then I also love the fluffy romances too.  Its kinda like being asked to pick your top five, I dont know if I can do it.  I really liked the way A Pound of Flesh ended.  I also loved the ending to Blind Spot.  The FicChick writes some excellent HEAs.  And The Give Away Girl ended so perfectly.  Honestly, I could go on and on.

Your favourite HEA original fiction book/movie?
I'm a sucker for a comedy, which usually has a HEA anyway.  But one of my favourite movies from my teen years is Reality Bites.  I just love that part at the end when Winona Ryder's character is about to (finally) run off and find Ethan Hawke and she steps outside and he's standing there on the curb.  Then he says this speech about how shit his week has been and how that he just wanted to tell her that he loved her. And eventually she climbs over the fence on the porch to get to him and the music comes up and they kiss.  gahhhh just gets me every time.

What does Happily Ever After mean to you?
To me, Happily Ever After (in fiction) means getting the perfect ending; whether its finally snagging the man you have always loved, or maybe it's to have the family with that perfect man, and maybe succeeding professionally and achieving all your career goals. 
In life think it all comes down to living out your dreams and being healthy and happy. xx

1 comment: