Tuesday 12 February 2013

Meet the judges - mariahajile

Lover of smooshy and nice HEAs, our judge...


MariahajilE

Where can we find you? 
mariahajile on both FFn, Facebook, and Twitter. My personal blog is mariahajile.blogspot.com, and my fangirling reaches an all-time need of medication on my Tumblr, mariahajile.tumblr.com. Hi. :)

How might people recognise you for? 
I'm probably most known for my murderous aggression toward improper grammar and punctuation. I wrote The War is Over and am about to complete my current fic, Say Goodbye. I also run a Jackson fansite. I'm blessed to beta for some of the most lovely authors in the fandom, as well (name drop: JadaPattinson, TypoKween, JM_OBryant, and EmersonWrites). And I'd punch a child if Mariah Carey asked me to, because she's the flawless queen of everything.

Why did you want to be involved in the HEA contest?
Because I love happily ever afters. They make you feel so warm and tingly, like everything's going to be okay. And the hope! Dear God, all the hope HEAs give is smooshy and nice. 

What's your favourite HEA fanfic?
My favorite FF HEAs are Emancipation Proclamation and Starry Eyed Inside. They're lush. Lawd Jesus. 

What's your favourite original HEA book/movie?
Cinderella and While You Were Sleeping. Hands down. No doubts. Next question, please. ;P

What does Happily Ever After mean to you?
To me, a HEA doesn't necessarily mean an engagement/marriage and babies. It means that the characters are at a place where they're happy after everything they've been through. Whether the romantic leads are together or apart at the end of the story makes no difference to me. It's about the characters' contentment with where the author has ended their story. But mushiness with a wedding and/or babies is nice, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment